FROM THE PASTOR…..MY DEAR PARISH FAMILY, below, you will find the remaining
PENANCE SERVICES IN THE NORTHERN DEANERY:
- Monday, April 7 at 7:00 PM at St. Joseph’s, Renovo
- Tuesday, April 8 at 7:00 PM at St. Matthew’s, Tyrone
- Wednesday, April 9 at 7:00 PM at Queen of Archangels, Clarence
And finally there WILL BE A PENANCE SERVICE at OLV on Sunday, April 13 at 2:00 PM. In past years, there was not a penance service for Lent at OLV. However, I feel there should be so that our parish may be ready to celebrate Holy Week with hearts renewed. THIS SERVICE WILL BE THE LAST SCHEDULED SERVICE FOR LENT and the last opportunity for confessions before Easter. Once again, with all the above services and with the concluding penance service at OLV on the 13th, it is our hope that everyone will have celebrated God’s mercy and forgiveness, ready to journey throughout Holy Week to a blessed Easter, including your priests!
As we continue the Northern Deanery penance services this week, I want to remind parishioners once again that your THREE PRIESTS will be attending all of them. Our presence therefore in the rectory will be limited. It is very important to be present with the other brother priests helping them at this busiest time of year. I thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
And along those lines, since April 9th is a Wednesday and there is a penance service in Clarence at Queen of Archangels Parish, we WILL NOT BE HAVING AN EVENING MASS NOR CONFESSIONS at OLV. With all the penance services and with our penance service on Sunday, April 13th, I am sure no one will be denied the opportunity of receiving the sacrament.
A LOOK AHEAD – As you know, I believe in taking PARISH BUS TRIPS to foster parish unity and the family. I want to inform you that there are 2 trips being planned for the near future.
1. On Wednesday, May 21st we will take a trip to Emmitsburg, Maryland to the National Shrine of Mother Elizabeth Ann Seton. We will visit her Basilica and tour the grounds where she founded her school. Then we will go to Mt. St. Mary’s Seminary, your pastor’s seminary, visit the Grotto and celebrate Mass in the seminary’s chapel. We will then have a buffet dinner at the Cozy Restaurant in Thurmont, MD. It promises to be a faith filled, fun filled day. We have reserved 50 spaces for this trip. Cost – $40.00 which includes bus, tour and buffet dinner.
2. On Thursday, June 19th we will attend a PITTSBURGH PIRATES baseball game at PNC Park. The game is a 12:35 start. We have field box reserved seats, along the first base line. We have reserved 48 tickets for this trip. Cost – $55.00, which includes ticket and bus transportation.
More information will come in future bulletins, but I wanted to get the dates to you so that you can place then on your calendar. These trips are usually very popular, so please call ASAP.
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK - The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large tray of apples. A nun lettered a note and posted it on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching." Moving along the lunch line, at the other end was a large tray of chocolate chip cookies. A girl wrote a note, which she put next to the tray of cookies, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."