FROM THE PASTOR…..MY DEAR PARISH FAMILY, so that you may plan your schedule over the next few weeks, please note the remaining PENANCE SERVICES.
- Monday, December 15 at 7:00 PM at St. Matthew’s, Tyrone
- Wednesday, December 17 at 7:00 PM at Queen of Archangels in Clarence
- Thursday, December 18 at 7:00 PM at St. Joseph’s in Renovo
- Sunday, December 21 at 2:00 PM at OLV. The Penance Service here concludes the scheduled times confessions will be heard in anticipation of the celebration of Christmas. With the above scheduled times and with our own regularly scheduled times, no one should miss the opportunity to celebrate the sacrament before the Christmas season. As always, your priests will be assisting at all the services scheduled, thereby limiting our times that we will be present at the rectory. Please be understanding of the time constraints that this busy season brings to your priests. I will repeat the time and places as we journey throughout the season.
The CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR’S SCHEDULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- CHRISTMAS EVE - 4:00 PM (TWO MASSES - one Mass in church, the other one in the school gym). The other Masses on Christmas will be at 6:30 PM (Children’s Mass) and 10:00 PM, (a.k.a. the Midnight Mass), both in the church.
- CHRISTMAS DAY - 9:30 and 11:30 AM.
SINCE CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR’S BOTH FALL ON A THURSDAY, THERE WILL BE NO ALL DAY ADORATION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT. PLEASE ENJOY SPENDING TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY CELEBRATING GOD’S GIFT OF LOVE TO US!
- NEW YEAR’S EVE - 4:00 PM
- NEW YEAR’S DAY - 9:00 AND 11:00 AM
Please note that on both days of celebrations there is NO 5:00 PM EVENING MASS. This will allow your priests to celebrate the holy season with family and friends. The RECTORY WILL BE CLOSED on Tuesday at noon, through Sunday during Christmas Week and New Year’s Day week. Again, this will allow staff to be with family and friends as well. Please be understanding of the importance of being with family at this time of year for both priests and staff.
This Saturday, the 20th of December, I will host our ADULT CHRISTMAS PARTY, 21 and older at the Ramada Inn on Atherton Street. We will be doing the party a little differently this year. If you remember last year, we had to cancel because of the weather. Well, this year, since the party will be held at the Ramada it will go on, weather situations or not. We will have a light deli fare, followed by music and dancing. Again, this party will be hosted by me as a way of my saying THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT PARISH. No one has to prepare anything or set anything up or pay. Just come and enjoy being a parish family, celebrating this great season of Christmas. The party will be from 6:00 PM till 10:00 PM or thereabouts. Please call the rectory and reserve your place.
A LITTLE CHRISTMAS HUMOR AGAIN - Christmas Gifts for Men - Buying gifts for men is not nearly as complicated as it is for women. Follow these rules and you should have no problems.
- Rule #1: When in doubt - buy him a cordless drill. It does not matter if he already has one. I have a friend who owns 17 and he has yet to complain. As a man, you can never have too many cordless drills. No one knows why.
- Rule #2: If you cannot afford a cordless drill, buy him anything with the word ratchet or socket in it. Men love saying those two words. "Hey George, can I borrow your ratchet?" "OK. By-the-way, are you through with my 3/8-inch socket yet?" Again, no one knows why.
- Rule #3: If you are really, really broke, buy him anything for his car, a 99 cent ice scraper, a small bottle of deicer or something to hang from his rear view mirror. Men love gifts for their cars. No one knows why.
- Rule #4: You can buy men new remote controls to replace the ones they have worn out. If you have a lot of money buy your man a big-screen TV with the little picture in the corner. Watch him go wild as he flips, and flips, and flips.