FROM THE PASTOR…..MY DEAR PARISH FAMILY, as you know from past years, PENANCE SERVICES in the Northern Deanery have been very successful. All the priests of the Deanery gather in the various churches to serve as instruments of God’s mercy and forgiveness. We will be starting the penance services once again. I wanted to give the schedule to all parishioners so that they may begin to plan to attend once of these services. As of this writing, the schedule is as follows:
- March 30 at 3:00 PM at Holy Spirit, Lock Haven
- March 31 at 7:00 PM at PSU
- April 1 at 7:00 PM at Good Shepherd, State College. This service will be the
Diocesan Service with Bishop Mark.
- April 3 at 7:00 PM at Holy Trinity, Huntingdon
- April 7 at 7:00 PM at St. Joseph’s, Renovo
- April 8 at 7:00 PM at St. Matthew’s, Tyrone
- April 9 at 7:00 PM at Queen of Archangels, Clarence
And finally there WILL BE A PENANCE SERVICE at OLV on Sunday, April 13 at 2:00 PM. In past years, there was not a penance service for Lent at OLV. However, I feel there should be so that our parish may be ready to celebrate Holy Week with hearts renewed. THIS SERVICE WILL BE THE LAST SCHEDULE SERVICE FOR LENT. Once again, with all the above services and with our the conclusion of our Easter preparations, it is our hope that everyone will have celebrated God’s mercy and forgiveness, ready to journey through Holy Week to a blessed Easter.
Catholics throughout our diocese are participating this weekend in the ANNUAL CATHOLIC APPEAL. All contributions – no matter the amount – are important in carrying out the church’s mission of spreading the Kingdom of God. Please return your pledge card to the rectory through the collection basket, mail or personally dropping it off at the office. Our goal is a little short of $140,000.00 with the remaining monies being returned to the parish for continuing our renovation projects. From previous years, I am confident that we will meet our goal and exceed the required amount. May God bless all of you who will contribute to this Appeal.
This Monday will be the FINAL CLASS for our Lenten journey through St. Mark’s Passion. I have enjoyed our gatherings and I hope that those who attended will find their continuing Lenten Journey more enriching with our study. God bless all who attended.
Humor for the Week - Actual Bulletin Announcements
- Coming up—Theological Open House. We discuss thought-provoking topics. Your opinions
are hardly welcome.
- All singles are invited to join us Friday at 7 p.m. for the annual Christmas Sing-alone."
- Thursday night – potluck supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and the community.
- For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- This afternoon there will be a meeting in the south and north ends of the church. Children will be
baptized at both ends.