FROM THE PASTOR…..MY DEAR PARISH FAMILY, as you know from past years, PENANCE SERVICES in the Northern Deanery have been very successful. All the priests of the Deanery gather in the various churches to serve as instruments of God’s mercy and forgiveness. We will be starting the penance services once again. I wanted to give the schedule to all parishioners so that they may begin to plan to attend once of these services. As of this writing, the schedule is as follows:
- March 30 at 3:00 PM at Holy Spirit, Lock Haven
- March 31 at 7:00 PM at PSU
- April 1 at 7:00 PM at Good Shepherd, State College. This service will be the
Diocesan Service with Bishop Mark.
- April 3 at 7:00 PM at Holy Trinity, Huntingdon
- April 7 at 7:00 PM at St. Joseph’s, Renovo
- April 8 at 7:00 PM at St. Matthew’s, Tyrone
- April 9 at 7:00 PM at Queen of Archangels, Clarence
And finally there WILL BE A PENANCE SERVICE at OLV on Sunday, April 13 at 2:00 PM. In past years, there was not a penance service for Lent at OLV. However, I feel there should be so that our parish may be ready to celebrate Holy Week with hearts renewed. THIS SERVICE WILL BE THE LAST SCHEDULED SERVICE FOR LENT. Once again, with all the above services and with the conclusion of our Easter preparations, it is our hope that everyone will have celebrated God’s mercy and forgiveness, ready to journey through Holy Week to a blessed Easter, including your priests!
As we begin the penance services this week, I want to let parishioners know that your THREE PRIESTS will be attending all of them. Our presence in the rectory will be limited. It is very important to be present with the other brother priests helping them at this busiest time of year. I thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
As soon as the HOLY WEEK AND EASTER SCHEDULE is finalized, I will publish them as well. Being that this is my first year with you during this Holy Season, I need to know what was done in the past so that a favorable schedule for all can be made.
We are off to a wonderful beginning with our ANNUAL CATHOLIC APPEAL. As of this typing we have 95 pledges promising $42,283.00, $9,000.00 over last year’s total at this time. This is absolutely terrific since we are in the midst of our own Capital Campaign. I just want to thank all those who have contributed and all those who will contribute. May God bless you for your sacrifice.
Humor for the Week—Actual Bulletin Announcements Continued—
- Today's Sermon: HOW MUCH CAN A MAN DRINK? with hymns from a full choir.
- Pastor is on vacation. Massages can be given to church secretary.
- Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at Calvary Methodist. Come hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
- Attend and you will hear an excellent speaker and heave a healthy lunch.
- This evening at 7 pm there will be a hymn sing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
- Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.
- The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours”