FROM THE PASTOR…..MY DEAR PARISH FAMILY, over the many months I have been with you, I have done a lot of observing – how things run, what can be improved, what should be left alone, etc. I have implemented a few of the changes in order to make Our Lady of Victory the best possible parish it can be, as I said in the bulletin two weeks ago. There is another change that I will be making in just a few short weeks and I want to give you a head up on it since it will involve a lot of parishioners. As you know it is getting darker earlier each day now, and we will be changing the clocks on the first weekend in November – falling back one hour. With that change, it will be getting darker even earlier, making it a little more difficult for our older parishioners, especially in the winter time with snow and ice, coming to Saturday evening Mass. Therefore after many months of careful consideration and getting input from the Parish Council and Liturgy Council (and their backing):
1. THE SATURDAY EVENING MASS TIME WILL BE CHANGED TO 4:00 PM BEGINNING NOVEMBER .This will hold throughout the winter months and if received favorably, it might stay permanently.
2. CONFESSIONS WILL BEGIN AT 3:00 AND END AT 3:30. The 3:30 ending time will allow the
priest celebrating the evening Mass to be prepared, both mentally and liturgically.
3. ANY WEDDINGS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ALREADY SCHEDULED FOR 2015 WILL NOW
BEGIN AT 1:00. If you have already scheduled a wedding for 1:30 during the year 2015, you
WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP THAT TIME. However, with any new wedding now being scheduled
and if the couples want an afternoon wedding, the latest time will be 1:00 PM.
Please understand that the changes above are for the GOOD OF THE PARISH AS A WHOLE. There will probably be a few parishioners who might not like them; but again, I am making these to benefit parishioners, especially during the winter months. I thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. There will be signs on the church doors reminding you of these changes throughout the month. Please tell any guest or non-parishioner whom you might know that comes to our parish for Saturday evening Mass.
On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, the priests and deacons of the diocese will be gathering with their bishop for their ANNUAL FALL CONFERENCE. Because of the conference, there will be a few adjustments in the schedule:
1. There will be only one Mass each day, and that at 9:00 AM. There will not be an evening
Mass on Tuesday or confessions on Wednesday evening. Regular Mass schedules will
resume on Thursday.
2. Emergency coverage will be provided by the Benedictine Fathers – Fr. Matthew and Fr. David.
Please call 865-4281 or 954-1791 for emergencies only.
Please keep the deacons, the priests, and the bishop in your prayers over the next few days.
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK – DO YOU KNOW YOUR HYMNS?
- Dentists Hymn – Crown Him with Many Crowns
- Weatherman’s Hymn – There Shall Be Showers of Blessing
- Contractor’s Hymn – The Church’s One Foundation
- The Golfer’s Hymn – There’s a Green Hill Far Away
- The Tailor’s Hymn – Holy, Holy, Holy